55 YEAR REUNION PLANS...
The planning continues for our 55th Reunion in the summer of 2019! For the time being, monthly breakfast meetings are serving as preliminary planning meetings. If you live in or near Pueblo, please join us to provide input. To see info about monthly breakfast meetings, click on the Monthly Breakfasts in Pueblo tab in the menu bar above.
NEXT REUNION PLANNING MEETING: June 5, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. at Elmwood's Nachos Restaurant at Pueblo Municipal Golf Course.
1. Union Depot will be the site of the casual buffet dinner event on Friday, August 23, 2019. The cost of the dinner is $44 per person. The buffet will include Roasted Baron of Beef and Chicken Piccata, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Almadine, salad, rolls, iced tea and coffee.
Pueblo Union Depot is the historic railroad station in Pueblo, Colorado. It was built in the Richardsonian Romanesque style in 1889-1890 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
2. The location for the Saturday, August 24, informal gathering will be Brues Alehouse Brewing Company located at 120 Riverwalk Place in Pueblo. Housed in what was once an old police station and jail, Brues is now a lively brewpub serving craft beers and imaginative food. Our Saturday evening event will be held on the rooftop deck overlooking Pueblo’s beautiful Riverwalk. An optional 30 minute Riverboat Tour will begin at 4:45 p.m., departing from and returning to Brues, at a cost of $5 per person (to be paid with registration). A cash bar will be open beginning at 5:30 p.m. and a Taco Bar will be served up on the deck at 6:30. The menu includes chicken/beef, corn/flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, cheese, and pico de gallo at a cost $20 per person.
3. Other possible reunion activities being planned are
... a 9 Hole Golf Tournament at a Pueblo golf course, provided that enough interest in it is shown. You can indicate your interest on the registration form you will receive by mail or check the appropriate box on the online registration form available on the website. ...You might also be interested in attending activities at the Colorado State Fair which will be in progress at the time of our reunion.
To check out what is going on at the State Fair, click on this button:
4. Classmates have received a letter of invitation which includes final info about reunion activities along with a registration form. You can fill out this printed registration form, or you can register online here. Just go to the main menu above and click on REUNION REGISTRATION FORM. In either case, send in with your check to Ruth Taravella by May 23, 2019.
5. You will be able to purchase a portable computer jump drive of all professional photos taken at the reunion. The price is yet to be determined depending on how many are ordered. You can order one when you register and pay for it at the reunion itself.
6. Hotels in Pueblo are already being booked because of the State Fair taking place at the same time as our reunion, so you might want to book a reservation SOON if you definitely plan to attend and will need hotel accommodations. Below are button links to a few Pueblo hotels that you might want to contact. We checked, and prices range from $139 to $165 per night at this time.
CANCLASS OF 1964 50 YEAR REUNION
South High Class of 1964
STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES!
Class of 1964
It seemed like forever before our reunion finally got here, and, in a moment, it was over. From the comments voiced while it was in progress, it was a GREAT success. Thanks go out to all those who were able to attend and to the committee who worked so diligently to make it all come together so well. It was wonderful seeing people that we hadn't seen for many many years!
Four fun-filled days of reunion activities took place, and you can find a recap of each by clicking on the links below.
Here is the class photo taken at the Saturday, Oct. 4, dinner and dance at Pueblo Community College. Click here to see Then and Now Individual Paddle Pictures.
54 years and counting